Post commotional syndrome
Post Concussive Syndrome, lead to serious cognitive dysfunction, behavioural changes and disruption of relationships. Furthermore this may affect activities in daily life and, e.g. in work and school.
The effects of integrating these aspects are signicant and life changing for clients/patients. The multiple shock traumas to the structures of the brain are changeable and correctable as is the autonomic dysregulation from PTSD and can be alleviated.
There will be non-touch work, hands-on work and elements of working with near death-like states.
What is concussion?
A concussion is the result of a sudden physical attack on the cranium and the brain from a traumatic experience, e.g. assault, accident and sport.
The velocity of the event hinders or gives insufficient possibility for a normal protective response, which may have hindered the physical attack.
This hindrance is often due to a sudden state of chock or tonic immobility, which is seen in – and resulting in PTSD.
By understanding the anatomy of the cranium, as well as the brain and its protective layers, gives us a basis for understanding the physical effects of concussion. Polyvagal Theory (Steven Porges) lets us understand the neurological and behavioural impact, which contribute to PTSD.
Exercises and demos
- What is concussion? Causes and symptoms
- What is PTSD? Causes and symptoms
- Possible threat responses
- Basic anatomy of the cranium
- Polyvagal theory – the autonomic nervous system and behaviour
- Borders, disruptions and repair
- Reestablishment of the vagal tone and balance using attention and mindfulness techniques when working with the autonomic nervous system
- Therapist/client relation in supporting relaxation and reduction of PTSD and PCS symptoms
- Touch, relaxation, cognitive and other mindfulness strategies to help self regulation
- Understanding the role of the medical staff
- How do we bring a better emotional and cranial balance by applying cognitive, relational, psycho educational and mindfulness techniques
Date: 16 – 18 March 2023
Price: kr. 5.200,- Lunch, coffee, te, og snacks is included in the price.
Course adresse: Astrologihuset, Teglv
Safety under Corona: All our courses, workshops and training modules are run with your safety and health in the forefront.
We follow the authorities’ current guidelines and provide extra cleaning, hand sanitizer and other protective equipment.